Another installment in the dance bag needs! Toiletries! Hygiene and first aid things are a must. Because if something happens you can be prepared.
- the most basic/essential thing that you need
- Baby powder
- Band Aids
- Medical Tape
- to wrap your toe if your callous splits
- Headache medicine
- helps a lot with body ache
Another installment of the well-stocked dance bag series. CLOTHES! Please bring the right clothes for the right classes. Also wear clothes that fit!
So for my Girls:
- Jazz Shorts
- Anything that shows lines!
For my guys!
- Jazz shorts
- Shirts (that fit)
- Dance Belts
- full back is permitted for boys before puberty
- thong back is permitted for boys during and after puberty
Tap and Hip Hop (Boys and Girls)
- Be able to move
- Shorts/Sweat Pants
If you are like me, and sweat a lot, always bring extras. I usually have shirts on me at all times and I have 3 pairs of pants on me. It also helps just incase someone forgets clothes and you can let them borrow something.
Dance bags literally need everything possible! So we will start with the basics, what goes on your feet! So with shoes you need to be ready at all times especially for auditions. You never know what can happen you may think it’s a jazz class but it’s actually ballet or tap. Always be prepared. I would say bring every shoe possible.
- Ballet slippers
- Jazz Shoes (You may ask if you can dance bare foot for jazz)
- Tap Shoes
- Sneakers that you can dance in!!! ( I use black high top converse)
- Character shoes (girls)
- Bare feet (Contemporary etc)
- I’m most comfortable in bare feet for most dance
Polish your shoes! Give them that shine that makes them look new.
- Wash Your Feet
- as dancers we sweat and your feet will smell disgusting please wash your feet
- Clip your toenails
- Straight across (do not round the nail because that will cause pain to you)
- I have witnesses someone cut another dancer doing a high kick with their toenail
- Stinky Feet
- Washing them more
- Powder in your shoes help
- Spray on Deodorant
- Disinfect all of your shoes!
- Kills the bacteria that lives on your feet and shoes that make them smell bad
“Pippin” -opened 2013
Al Pacino -birthday
“The Secret Garden” -opened 1991
Bea Arthur -born 1922
“Big River” -opened 1985
Hank Azaria -birthday
“Promises, Promises” -opened 2010
James Barbour -birthday
“Rex” -opened 1976
So I will soon be posting
- a look into my recently closed show West Side Story
- Mess ups
- cast party
- Dance Bag
- what it means to have a well stocked dance bag
- dance bag musts
- New Material
Keith Chow on whitewashing: “We need to keep calling out the industry for being complicit. We also need to give credit where due and celebrate the successes of folks like Ava DuVernay, Justin Lin, Ryan Coogler, and others who are actually trying to change the industry from within.”
via What a Shitty Week to be an Asian American Woman in Hollywood — Discover
So today the senior class is having a showcase to raise money for senior fees. Seniors are doing all kinds of things like Monologues, Singing, Performing original songs, and dancing (my friends and I are doing a tap combo that we choreographed).
So my schools New York trip begins on the 28th! I can’t wait. I will definitely keep you guys updated on everything (shows, sites, dance classes etc). I don’t take a lot of pictures but this blog is gonna give me a reason and I’ll upload them when we get back.
Patti Lupone -Birthday
John Cameron Mitchell -Birthday
Tavi Gevinson -Birthday
“Annie” -opened 1977
Tony Danza -Birthday
Elaine May -Birthday
Claybourne Elder -Birthday
“Doctor Zhivago” Opened 2015
Glen Hansard -Birthday
Christian Hoff -Birthday
Arabesque(ar-uh–besk is a classical position in which the dancer has one leg raised behind them and straight and both arms stretched out in one of several conventional poses
via Term of the Day — The Dancers Life